A good Strategic Plan should help an organization achieve its goals and objectives. However, the following mistakes are common when formulating or implementing strategic plans:
- Avoiding adaptive planning
- Having too many issues addressed in the Strategic Plan hence becomes impossible to implement;
- No proper dissemination of the Strategic Plan
- Focusing on events in the industry instead of focus on the big picture
- Not involving all members of the organization in the implementation process;
- Failure to drive the vision and instead focus on solving problems;
Can you state any additional mistakes committed in strategic planning? Do so in the comments section.