Senior Counsel Zahir Malik started practicing law in 1955. At that time courts were not as common as they are today. They were only located in major towns such as Mombasa, Kisumu and Nairobi.
At 90 years old he is still practicing as an advocate of High Court of Kenya.
He is a partner at A.H. Malik and Co Advocates. The law firm was founded by his father in 1946. Malik has worked under 19 Chief Justices in Kenya.
During his 90th birthday celebrations, Zahir Malik, stated that the standards have significantly reduced and young advocates are chasing for money in stead of pushing for access to justice.
Mr. Zahir Malik is one of the most experienced Advocates in Kenya. In 2003 he was appointed Senior Counsel by His Excellency President Mwai Kibaki.
- Barrister, Grays Inn, Advocate High Court of Kenya.
- Past Chairman of Law Society of Kenya.
- Initial Member of the Standing Committee on Human Rights. He was involved in drafting the Human Rights Act.
- Past Member of The Auctioneers Licencing Board and Task Force for Laws relating to Auctioneers and Brokers.
- Founder Member of Asian Foundation.
- Member of International Academy of Trial Lawyers (since 1976)
– Malik Advocates Website