The Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS) has suspended 7 Peanut Butter brands after tests showed they contained high aflatoxin levels.
The seven brands include:
- True nuts by Truenutz Kenya
- Fressy by Fressy Food Company
- Supa Meal by Supacosm Products Limited
- Nuteez by Jetlak Foods Limited
- Nutty by Nature Target Distributors
- Sue’s Natural’s by Nature’s Way Health
- Zesta by Trufoods Limited
The companies manufacturing the brands have been instructed to discontinue manufacturing and recall all their products from the market.
The tests were carried out by KEBS and they confirmed that their levels of aflatoxin was higher than the maximum limit allowed.
KEBS has also suspended the companies permits to use their Standardization mark.