The Catholic church has taken drastic action towards combating corruption. This was in response to a request by President Uhuru Kenyatta who called upon the church and the private sector to help in the fight against corruption.
- political remarks in the church are prohibited;
- all churches will have a desk where crimes will be reported;
- Monetary contributions for Catholic Church projects will be made though cheque and mobile money transfer;
- Catholic church will provide details of donors in order to enhance accountability and transparency;
- all gifts to the church which are over Ksh. 50,000 will have to be recorded;
Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops