What is in Mombasa County Fiscal Strategy Paper?
All counties in Kenya are required by law to develop a county fiscal strategy paper (CFSP) every year. This document is made up of four main parts. These are: 3P’s and 1C.
According to CFSP 2019, the following are the priorities for FY 2019/2020:
- Increased accessibility to water and food security;
- Improved health services;
- Streamlined waste management services;
- Provision of Quality Education, Gender Empowerment, Youth and Sports development;
- Improved land and housing services;
- Investing in infrastructure development
Mombasa County receives its water from Mzima Springs in Taita Taveta, Marere and Sabaki/Baricho in Kilifi County and Tiwi boreholes in Kilifi County.
Many residents of Mombasa County depend on borehole water which is reported to be contaminated with fecal contamination.