All you need to learn About E-Waste
Here is a summary of what I have learnt about e-waste:
- Most companies replace their electronics (Personal Computers) after every three years.
- E-waste comes in many forms such as: electronic toys, TVs, light bulbs, cameras and refrigerators
- Our nature is destroyed by e-waste such as poisoning of drinking water and our ecosystems.
- Why is e-waste dangerous? Most electronics are made up of toxic components such as heavy metals, dangerous gases, mercury and plastics. These elements can cause brain and kidney damage as well as danger.
- There is little effort from Kenyan government to seal her borders from entry of these dangerous e-waste.
- The time is ripe for Kenya to develop an e-waste management policy.
- All electronic manufacturers should be forced to take care of their e-waste by establishing collection centers etc
That is it. Now go ahead and talk to your local member of parliament about e-waste.