Jubilee Party Harnessing the Power of Professionals
The Jubilee Party is exploring the use of professional and civil servants to reach out to the electorate and seek for votes for President Uhuru Kenyatta.
In Ukambani, Jubilee party has tapped into people like Peter Muthoka (tycoon), Jeremiah Kianga (former military chief), Sam Muumbi (Nairobi businessman), Mumo Matemu (formerly EACC) and Professor Musili Wambua.
Prof. Musili Wambua was once a partner of Kalonzo Musyoka at the firm the two founded Musyoka & Wambua Advocates.
Nyamira and Kisii
In Nyamira and Kisii counties, Jubilee Party has banked on the following people to deliver votes to the president, Uhuru Kenyatta.
- Bishop Okemwa Mairura
- John Simba
- Charles Ongwae – Kenya Bureau of Standards
- Mohammed Nyaoga – Current Central Bank of Kenya Chairman
- Ken Osinde – Former Ambassador
- John Akama – Kisii University Vice Chancellor
- Zablon Mabea – Former Lands Commissioner
- Josia Moriasi – National Youth Fund Boss
- Ken Ogeto – prominent lawyer
- Gerishon Otachi – prominent lawyer
- Fred Matiang’i – Cabinet Secretary for Education
- Susan Mochache – Permanent Secretary
When the president visited Kisii and Nyamira counties recently he paraded some of these professional from Gusiiland as a testament that he had continued working with the community despite the fact that they largely voted for opposition.
Carrot for the donkey
This enticement is like dangling the carrot in front of the donkey to motivate it to keep moving on. Let’s see if it works for Jubilee party this time around.
Follow us on Twitter @gkerosi