CAN AU BE WEANED OUT OF DONOR DEPENDENCE
A high powered team was picked by Paul Kagame of Rwanda to find a formula for prevent AU Donor Dependence. The list of experts are as follows:
- Donald Kaberuka – Former president of AfDB
- Carlos Lopes – former executive secretary of UN Economic Commission for Africa
- Cristina Duarte – Former Minister for Planning and Finance Cape Verde
- Strive Masiyiwa – Executive Chair for Econet Wireless
- Tito Mboweni – Former Governor of SA Reserve Bank
- Amina J Mohammed – Minister of Environment Nigeria
- Mariam Mahamat Nour – Minister of Economy, Planning and International Cooperation Chad
- Vera Songwe – regional director for West and Central Africa at IFC
Member countries to raise $1.2 Billion annually to fund African Union (AU) activities this is expected to commence in FY 2017/2018.
The report produced by this team will be presented by President Paul Kagame during the 28th African Union Heads of State Summit in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Let’s continue with this conversation on Twitter: @gkerosi