NAIROBI COUNTY LIQUOR LICENSING BOARD
Nairobi County Liquor Licensing Board
Nairobi County’s Liquor Licensing Board established by Alcoholic Drinks Control & Licensing Act, 2014 is made up of 10 members. These are:
- Chairperson appointed by the governor;
- County Director of Health;
- County Police Commander;
- The county Commissioner;
- One (1) representative of relevant agency;
- Four (4) persons appointed by the governor who are conversant with trade and health matters and;
- Chief Officer for Trade who serves as the Board Secretary.
There are over 609 liquor selling outlets in Nairobi County. It was estimated by 2016/2017 that 398 of those outlets were operating illegally. Further, out of 120 wines and spirits outlets, only 5 were licensed to operate.
The board has been allocated Ksh. 287.8 million according to the Nairobi City County budget for 2018/2019. This funds will be generated through Appropriation in Aid (AiA). This is the money collected from services offered by the state. In this case it will be collected through licenses to sell alcoholic beverages.
313 total views, 7 views today