Pentagon will get an extra USD$165 billion for the next 2 years. This is equivalent to Ksh. 16, 500, 000, 000,000. This is the money that Trump alleged will be used to rebuild the US military.
Pentagon will increase its spending on nuclear weapons to astronomical levels never experienced before.
Let me put the budget figures in perspective:
- It is higher than the GDP of over 100 countries around the world.
- It is the second largest military budget after that of China.
- The department of defense is the largest winner of USA 2019 budget blue-print
- There will be a 41 percent cut on foreign aid and diplomacy
- Another 36 per cent on funding of environment and energy
- 35 percent cut on community devt and housing
- Trump administration is planning to mutilate Medicare, food stamps and Medicaid
The top executives of the leading weapons manufacturers (read: contractors) will be smiling all the way to the bank. That is: Raytheon, Boing, General Dynamics and Lockheed Martin. The astronomical rise in military budget means a bonanza for these needy American citizens.
In addition to feasting on the increased military spending, these top executives will also benefit from reduced corporate tax rate.
Trump administration will spend its money on the likes of F-35 aircrafts which cost a whooping $10.6 billion. These military airplanes have in the past been criticized of performing below expectations. Missile defense programs will consume $12 billion of the military budget.
154 total views, 1 views today