How to Use of Joomla as an E-Commerce Platform
Today, Joan Kinyamsyo of Sasa Host has provided great insights into how to use Joomla as an e-commerce website. She was speaking at iHub office in Nairobi during Joomla Day. Below is a summary of the main issues she addressed. Enjoy reading.
Joomla can be used as an e-commerce platform. There are extensions that can be used to achieve that. You can use plugins, modules or templates as extensions within Joomla Content Management Systems (CMS).
The following extensions are good for e-commerce website:
- 100% free to use
- Open source and easy to customize
- stable in terms of performance and interface
- very simple to use
- cleaner architecture
- compatible with Joomla 2.5
- first appeared in Sep 2012 developed by a software company
- popular among site owners who sale tangible products
- Can generate detailed sales report
- it is not extensive
- USD$59 – USD$499
- Compatible with Joomla A 1.5
- Easy to set up and use
- responsive designs
- layout can be varied
- great analytics
- unlimited possibilities
- PRICE: Free to USD$150
- Compatible with Joomla 1.5 and 3.X
Is Joomla good for e-commerce?
When looking for CMS for your online shop, there are a number of factors to consider? a) are you planning to sell large number of product or is your site very busy?
Follow us on Twitter @kerosiT
348 total views, 1 views today